One of the first questions we get from customers is: “How long does it take to replace your siding?” This is important because not everybody can devote several days to an exterior home improvement project. Fortunately, All Star Products can help you accomplish this task as quickly as possible without cutting corners.
How Long Does it Take All Star Products to Replace Your Siding?
If we consider everything that goes into a siding project, from the initial consultation through the final walkthrough, the project may take about a week or two. There is plenty of variation on this, however, depending on the circumstances. If, for example, you decide to upgrade your home with James Hardie Siding, it usually takes a little longer than hanging bargain-grade vinyl siding.
As you can see on our website, we follow a four-stage approach to completing a siding project. First, we meet with you for a consultation and inspection. This is where we gather the basic information about your home and listen to your needs and preferences.
After taking measurements and running 3D image scans, we can come up with a plan for how to proceed with the siding project. Then, we perform all the labor. Finally, we conduct a thorough cleanup and walkthrough to make sure our work satisfies your expectations.
Again, all of this will take at least a few days, but there are some other factors that play a role in how long the job actually takes.
Other Factors That Influence How Long the Job Takes
- The size of your home (including square footage and number of stories).
- Whether there is significant framework damage, which would require more time and labor to replace.
- Sometimes, projects may last longer if we combine replacement siding with new windows or doors.
- The presence of obstacles around your siding (trees, bushes, hills, etc.).
- Certain siding materials require painting or wood treatment.
Only Hire a Qualified Contractor to Replace Your Siding
Serious homeowners should only work with reputable contractors if they expect quality results. This means you must identify the characteristics of a qualified contractor, which we emphasize all the time at All Star Products. These are a few marks of an outstanding siding company.
- They arrive on time, perform the installation fast but carefully, and will answer questions.
- The company has all the necessary licensing, certification, and bonding to perform siding installation.
- If you want to replace your current siding with James Hardie Siding, you should only do so with a manufacturer-certified contractor. The James Hardie company trains and certifies contractors to install their specialty fiber cement siding boards. Many run-of-the-mil siding businesses do not install it properly.
- By the end of the project, they should inform you of all your service and manufacturer warranties for your new siding. In fact, it’s smarter to ask about this before hiring them.
- You should also find positive consumer reviews, and locate their Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile.
So, if too many of these characteristics aren’t there, the finished results may suffer, or they might take way too long to do the work.
All Star Products: Chicago’s Best for Siding Installation
All Star Products has a terrific record for siding installation all around Chicagoland, including in neighborhoods like Buffalo Grove, Highland Park, or Glencoe. We maintain an A+ rating with the BBB and have a full endorsement from the James Hardie company.
You can also have complete assurance that we won’t pressure you with a ton of salesman tactics when we meet you for an initial consultation. Our goal is to meet with you, find out what you need, and tailor our services accordingly. That’s why we have such a stellar reputation, and why folks refer their friends and family to us.
If you’re to replace your siding, then contact the pros at All Star Products today!