It’s obviously so important to know that you’re working with a reliable siding contractor. Re-siding your house is a project that could cost you over $10,000, which is why you can’t fool around with less-qualified companies.
What are some of the most important qualities you should identify when selecting a siding company for such a major project?
Top Qualities of a Good Siding Contractor
- They arrive on time for the job. We have to begin with this because it’s become a bit of an issue in certain trade sectors these days. All Star Products, on the other hand, believes in getting the fundamentals right first, and punctual job performance is essential.
- You can find positive testimonials for their work. If they don’t have them on their website, they should at least be able to show you a portfolio of their work.
- The contractor has a good standing with industry groups and the Better Business Bureau (BBB). If they don’t, maybe they’re new in business, but it may also indicate a lack of credibility. It’s usually not worth the gamble.
- Good contractors don’t put you through a pushy sales spiel. Unfortunately, the bad ones can never take “no” for an answer when you tell them you don’t want something.
- They can provide a clear picture of what to expect during a siding project. Plus, it will be a free estimate with no pressure or hassle.
Can They Install Premium Brands like James Hardie Siding?
Some of those questions are the kind you should ask any trade company when you want dedicated workmanship. However, there are some other factors that are specific to the siding business such as whether your contractor can install James Hardie Siding.
It just so happens that premium Hardie boards are a little hard to hang properly, so you should only select a contractor that has manufacturer training and credentials. This means they’ll know how to nail boards together the right way without leaving a lot of overhang or loose sections.
All Star Products, for example, is part of the James Hardie Contractor Alliance, which means we receive hands-on training with them all the time. The company owner, Dan Donofrio, had 20 years of experience working for them as well.
Ask Your Siding Contractor the Tough Questions
Finally, we’d like to give you a few questions you should ask your contractor before inking a deal for a large installation task.
- What are your service warranties like? How do I know you’ll honor them if I find a loose siding board of some other mistake?
- How long will a siding project take? Will you keep me posted on any schedule changes?
- Will you clean up everything at the end of the project? Some companies might rush to leave without combing the area to make sure your exterior is free of loose debris and materials.
There are plenty other probing questions like this, but hopefully this gets you to think of the ways to check your contractor’s competence. Of course, an outstanding siding business, like All Star Products, won’t have any trouble fulfilling these obligations.
Call All Star Products for Prompt & Reliable Siding Installation
We hope you’ll select our services the next time you need to replace some old vinyl siding on your home. You can also rely on us for fast and effective window and door installation.
Our company has been in business for over 35 years with a specialization in fiber-cement siding. We have an A+ accreditation with the BBB, plenty of solid customer reviews, and most of our business comes from referrals.
Contact All Star Products anytime to discover what it’s like working with the best window and siding contractor in the Chicago metro area.