James Hardie Siding, the premier fiber cement material today, is a terrific way to enhance your home on so many levels. It’s our favorite to install, which is what we do for homes in several classy neighborhoods throughout Chicago. Let’s look at why you should consider the James Hardie company’s durable siding material.
What is James Hardie Siding?
James Hardie Siding is a fiber cement siding, a synthetic substance made from Portland cement, cellulose fibers, water, sand, and other minor additives. The company makes siding boards that can accommodate climate conditions anywhere in America. This includes places, like Chicago, that endure frigid winters and humid summers alike.
From the James Hardie website, you can see that they carry several specific boards and planks for a myriad of home siding purposes.
- Hardie Trim Boards
- Hardie Soffit Pre-Cut Panels
- Hardie Plank Lap Siding
- Hardie Shingle Siding
- Hardie Backer Board
- . . . and more.
Any of these would be an awesome way to reinforce your home against projectile damage, moisture intrusion, fire hazards, wind damage, and other calamities. This is also one of the best ways to maximize curb appeal and home value.
Best Reasons to Select James Hardie Siding
- It’s a tremendous increase in home value over standard materials like vinyl.
- There are a bunch of ways to customize it.
- You’ll never have to worry about nuisances like termites, carpenter ants, and woodpeckers, which are endemic to wood-based siding.
- The manufacturer covers you for a long time with reliable warranties.
- The same is true for All Star Products and our service warranties.
- There are a ton of great color options. Our talented team can help you match it to your roof, windows, doors, and other outside components.
- Fiber cement siding is one of the best substances for fire protection. Vinyl, on the other hand, will melt from heavy heat.
- You also won’t have to suffer through aggravations like wood rot or warping.
- Since there’s often a stigma to vinyl siding, you can use fiber cement siding to match your home with the other high-value houses in your neighborhood.
- It has a similar price tag as materials like engineered wood, but with better overall performance.
Don’t Hire a Subpar Contractor for the Job
You may remember our earlier blog post where we discussed the mistakes contractors make trying to install James Hardie Siding. Fiber cement siding requires more attention to detail, partly because the size specifications for Hardie boards differ from other manufacturers’ siding. Then there are other problems like nailing the boards too high, allowing too much clearance over the top of the roof, or applying siding tape the wrong way.
Anytime you hire a contractor to install James Hardie Siding, you’ll need to check to see if they’ve had training from the company. All Star Products has plenty of experience with fiber cement siding. This is especially true of the owner, Dave Donofrio, who worked with James Hardie for a couple decades.
All Star Products: Chicagoland’s Best Siding Contractor
You can count on our punctual, thorough, and affordable services for premium siding installation as well as window and door service in Chicago. Our company enjoys an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) because we rarely get customer complaints.
All Star Products serves homeowners in diverse places such as Glencoe, Libertyville, Lincolnshire, Skokie, and Deerfield. Don’t take our word when we say we’re committed to 100% customer satisfaction. Check out the positive consumer testimonials on our website and feel free to call us for other examples of jobs we’ve done well.
Contact us today to find out what it takes to install James Hardie Siding onto your home in Chicagoland.