You’ll want to make sure you avoid hiring unqualified siding contractors when you decide to pursue a major exterior renovation project. Getting a reliable and experienced company like All Star Products for important tasks will make all the difference in the world in terms of quality, durability, and craftsmanship.
We want to take a moment to make you aware of potential red flags that should alert you to whether you’re using a good or bad siding contractor.
Characteristics of Bad or Unqualified Siding Contractors
First, let’s start with what should catch your attention with bad contractors.
- They’ll probably give you a bad impression shortly after you meet with them. They might be pushy, won’t stop talking, won’t take “no” for an answer, and generally make you feel uncomfortable. Sometimes, it might be hard to get them to leave.
- They give you a quote almost immediately, after only a cursory glance at your house. Then the bad contractor will want you to give them an answer on the very same day.
- You can’t find much about their work history (nor do they have any referrals). It’s possible to get decent service from them, ostensibly, but they may not use the best materials (like James Hardie siding). They also won’t spend any time warning you of the potential difficulties that could occur during the project.
Characteristics of Good Contractors
Next, here are some positive aspects of good and reliable siding contractors.
- Good contractors will listen to what you want patiently and realize that you don’t want to listen through a long sales promotion before getting down to business.
- They will have referrals and positive online reviews on Google or Yelp.
- They’re often trained directly by the material manufacturers. The well-intentioned, but the unqualified contractor may not be able to troubleshoot every possible installation scenario because they lack specialized training.
- In tough situations, because a good contractor has manufacturer connections, they can call material experts to the project to help formulate solutions.
- They have accolades from online business critics like the Better Business Bureau (BBB) or even the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). All Star Products, for example, has EPA approval as a Lead-Safe Certified Firm.
- Good contractors will want to offer you incentives such as free estimates.
Identifying Good Versus Unqualified Siding Contractors
Finally, there are some other professional (or unprofessional) habits you’ll see from good versus bad contractors.
Good contractors will take the time to listen to what you want to be done, whereas the potentially unscrupulous guy might spend the whole consultation giving you a sales pitch. You MUST be careful nowadays because there are a lot of fly-by-night trade operations. The siding company you choose should be patient, recognize that you may only do one or two siding projects over your entire life, and will have plenty of pertinent questions and concerns.
Ultimately, it’s your house, so you have the right to renovate it according to your preferences and the best contractors will facilitate this throughout the siding project. Don’t settle for those who won’t.
All Star Products: Chicago’s Most Effective Siding Contractors
The most important component for us is 100% customer satisfaction. That’s why All Star Products confidently offers a lifetime guarantee on our craftsmanship. We delight in delivering a service that matches your precise expectations.
Don’t forget that nowadays there is more information available. That means you don’t need to fall victim to surreptitious siding contractors. The Internet can help you track down anything you want to know about siding styles, and durability, as well as any background information about a prospective siding company.
All Star Products services several neighborhoods in Northern Illinois, including Chicago, Deerfield, Buffalo Grove, Glenview, and Skokie. We get 90% of our business from referrals, which is one of the hallmarks of a good siding contractor. It shows you how we’ve already helped your neighbors and friends with durable and aesthetic siding.
So, if you’re tired of hearing sales pitches from unqualified siding contractors and want comprehensive customer service, then contact us soon.