Do you know the telltale signs that it’s time to replace your windows?
This applies to any homeowner who struggles with energy efficiency, cold air entering the home, outside noises, and an array of other problems. If you can identify that your windows are deteriorating before it gets out of hand, you can stem the tide with superior replacement windows.
Top Signs You Need to Replace Your Windows
- There’s a broken window seal.
- One way to check this is to see if your window has a lot of fog or moisture between the panes. Also, sometimes the glass itself may be cold during the winter, a common sign of wear and tear.
- You have a much harder time opening and closing the window.
- It’s not normal to have to over-exert yourself opening and closing windows. There are many ways to operate windows, but whenever you can’t crank, slide, or pry them open, you know there’s a problem.
- The higher energy bills are way out of hand.
- Are your other exterior features in good conditions (roof, siding, doors, etc.)? If you’ve eliminated every other potential culprit, then it might be the windows that are letting in all the cold air.
- You notice the outside noise more often.
- Most homes can withstand outdoor noise with double-pane windows unless you live next to a highway. Therefore, if your once reliable windows are letting noise overwhelm your home, then consider a replacement.
- The frames are deteriorating.
- Superficial damage like cracks and scratches are an obvious indicator. Also, if you notice wood rot anywhere, call us ASAP.
Best Reasons to Get New Windows
There are plenty of terrific reasons to install new windows throughout your home.
- There are so many outstanding design options available.
- Homeowners don’t have to wait until there’s an enormous problem to upgrade their windows. Nowadays, energy efficiency, durability, and aesthetics go together nicely when you install one of dozens of window styles from window makers like Pella.
- You can almost cut your power bill in half.
- We’ve heard from previous clients who realized tremendous energy savings when they replaced their windows. Some statistics show us that American homeowners can reduce energy costs by an average of 40% with better windows.
- You can install something new that won’t require much upkeep.
- Whether you select single/double-pane windows, casements windows, or any other style, newer materials will immediately eliminate the need for repairs and most upkeep.
Don’t Forget About Door Replacement
When you’re battling against those problems with worn out windows, it’s good to think about potential door trouble, too. Also, since your front entry door is such a prominent part of your home, the customization options are incredibly lucrative as well.
We install several premium, ornate doors from popular manufacturers like ProVia, Pella, and Albany Door Company. It’s your chance to secure your home better, eliminate cold air intrusion, and when we talk about door designs, this includes an array of patio and sliding door options.
Replace Your Windows with All Star Products
All Star Products can help you replace old windows, siding, and doors if you’re ready to eliminate the hassles, or want to upgrade your exterior curb appeal. Our headquarters is in Northbrook, IL, but we cover lots of ground, including communities like Deerfield, Highland Park, Buffalo Grove, and Glencoe.
We also have an outstanding reputation with our past customers and an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB). BloggerLocal, the online business rating company, considers us Best in Class as a windows, doors, and siding contractor.
If you want to replace your windows, then now’s the time to contact All Star Products for first rate service anywhere in Chicagoland.