All Star Products offers prompt and effective siding installation services for homes in Chicago. We install new siding on a diverse set of home sizes and shapes, and many of our clients want to know how long these projects take. We can’t offer a precise estimate without inspecting your home, but we’d like to give you a few basic guidelines.
The Basic Process of Siding Installation
- Initial Consultation & Inspection
- Our process begins with a free consultation where we visit your home to look around, take measurements, and gather preliminary information. It also involves a quick, friendly discussion about what you wish to see happen to your home. Sometimes homeowners know exactly what they want, while others want to learn more about siding first.
- Learning Your Needs & Preferences
- After doing 3D analysis and other diagnostics, we can figure out what it would take to do a siding replacement on your home. Here, we’ll quote an estimate and confirm your material, color, and design preferences.
- Installation Work
- Then, we perform the installation, make any necessary touch-ups, and clean up everything upon completion. The timing on this stage will depend on the size of your home, especially regarding whether it’s one, two, or three stories.
- Final Walkthrough & Review
- The last steps include walking through and inspecting the finished product with you. We’ll also discuss warranty coverage, which includes the service and manufacturer commitments. All Star Products installs premium James Hardie Siding, which has plenty of helpful product/service guarantees.
When Does a Home Require New Siding Installation?
How do you know when your home needs re-siding?
Home siding might last a couple of decades before you need to replace it. While the sturdier materials, like fiber cement siding, may last longer, nothing is permanent. There are several warning signs you need a replacement.
- Your current siding has problems with termites, bugs, and other pests.
- There’s also a lot of holes (usually from woodpeckers), grooves, warping, and other serious or superficial damage.
- Your home’s insulation has gotten worse. This usually manifests in higher power bills.
- You’ve had the same siding for over 20 years.
- Some of your neighbors are upgrading their homes with fiber cement siding, the results are spectacular, and you’re contemplating doing the same.
What’s the Best Type of Home Siding for Homes in Chicago?
Our favorite siding type is James Hardie Siding, the industry’s best fiber cement material. It’s a terrific solution to woodpecker damage, water intrusion, mold overgrowth, and an array of other frustrations. The James Hardie company makes high-tech modern siding boards that can withstand wind damage, have excellent fire resistance, and the paint doesn’t fade away every three years.
Many homeowners want to find something more reliable than basic wood or vinyl siding, so manufacturers have responded with modern synthetic designs. While you can try other options like engineered wood, we think you’ll appreciate better results (for a similar price) with fiber cement boards. Unlike treated wood products, fiber cement will not experience wood rot and other moisture-borne problems.
Call All Star Products for Outstanding Siding, Window, and Door Installation
You can call us anytime for friendly installation service for James Hardie Siding and other exterior upgrades. We’re the fastest and most effective Chicago contractor for siding, windows, and doors. If you’ve invested in premium fiber cement siding, make sure you hire the right installation crew, or you risk getting an inferior product.
All Star Products maintains a master certification for installing James Hardie Siding. You can also check our list of testimonials and feedback to find so many customers who praise our workmanship.
Contact us for first-rate service for siding installation anywhere in Chicagoland.